TWRI is hosting course for licensed On-Site Sewage Facility (OSSF) professionals on May 15 in Lufkin. The course will be taught by the Texas A&M OSSF team.
This course is approved for eight (8) hours of on-site wastewater continuing education credit by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. The cost is $100 and includes lunch and handout materials.
The purpose of this course is to provide class participants with understanding of why advanced treatment is necessary and how it is achieved using different types of onsite wastewater treatment and reuse technologies. The class is designed for professional wastewater site evaluators, designers, installers, regulators, operation, maintenance and monitoring services providers.
The following topics are covered during the 1-day 8-hour class:
1. Advanced Wastewater Treatment Systems overview
2. Environmental Regulations overview
3. Overview of wastewater treatment technologies
4. Basic information on design, operation, and maintenance
5. Final treatment and disposal/dispersal of treatment wastewater
6. Understanding the relationship between soil types and land application systems
7. Indirect and direct reuse of treated wastewater, the future
8. Real-world examples and discussion
1. Overview of Advanced Wastewater Treatment Systems (SP-213)
2. PowerPoint presentations slides
Please contact Emily Monroe with questions: email@example.com or (979)-458-3154